Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Life Lesson

I do not write this to bring attention to Kali or to make her feel bad in any way, I write this to hopefully be a life lesson: if you make a mistake, you can repent and make it right and you will be forgiven and that your parents still love you like crazy.
 
Yesterday I went shopping with Kali at Walgreens to get a few itema. Kali had asked me if she could have a pair of Dora sunglasses. I had told her not today. I thought nothing of it until this morning. I was walking into the kitchen and heard, "No, Tyler, don't tell me." Too late...I heard. Kali had the pair of Dora sunglasses and she had taken from the store without paying for them. Jarel and I talked with her about how that was wrong and that we needed to make it right by taking them back to the store and telling them sorry and seeing if there was anything Kali could do to make up for taking the sunglasses. Kali was very sad and crying and did not want to go back to the store. But I was very proud of her that she did say that it was not right and needed to take them back. We drove back to Walgreens and Jarel and Kali went into the store and found the manager and explained what had happened. The manager was very nice and got down to eye level with Kali and explained that she could get in big trouble for doing that and that he forgave her and that she did the right thing.
Kali learned that it is not the right thing to steal and that she needs to do the right thing and take them back and also that Mom and Dad and Jesus still love her even if she made a mistake. 
Hope this can be a learning lesson for her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment