Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Soccer Game!

Today, Makena had her first game of soccer for the season. And let me say...SHE DID GREAT! I was a little worried that she wouldn't play because yesterday she told me she didn't want to go to soccer and that we already had practice and that was good enough. When she woke up this morning, she didn't complain at all about soccer, she ate, got dressed and was so excited to go!!

We got to the park a little early for her to practice and also to find the field that we would be playing on.

Makena was able to start the game and she stayed in for quite awhile. She ran towards the ball and even got to kick it! I told her that it didn't matter if she kicked the ball or not, just keep trying. And she did one amazing job. I was so proud of her! She is definitely not an aggressive person (which is fine by me) so it takes some encouragement for her to kick the ball. But she stayed with the boys and ran and did a SUPER JOB!

After the game was done she tells me, "I did a lot of running today, I need a break" and "Mom, there were like a hundred boys out there." It was cute. I told her that the next team she plays has girls on it and she was excited about that. When I asked if she wanted to play again, her response "YES!"


Makena taking a break.


Going for the kick!








MacKenzie going for the ball.


In their huddle...coming up with a game plan!


Makena kicking off to the other team.


Lining up...waiting for the ball from the other team.


Makena throwing in the ball to her teammates.


Telling the coach which goal was theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment