Yesterday I went to the store to look for a dresser for Hailey's room. I had every intentions on buying a dresser, but when I left the store I didn't leave with a dresser...instead I left with a 4 wheeler for Tyler!
I had Kali, Tyler and Hailey with me and we were just strolling the aisles when Tyler said, "MOM! A 4 wheeler!" I turned, and sure enough there was a 4 wheeler on clearance. And it was "like dad's." I called up Jarel to see if we should get it for Tyler for Christmas and he said that we should.
So we loaded it up and off we went to check out. I've never seen Tyler so excited and his smile never left his face. We loaded it into the van and took it home.
When we got home, I took my other purchases inside and shut the garage. That didn't fly with Tyler. He said, "My 4 wheeler in van. Take my 4 wheeler outside." I told him that he had to wait to ride it. (mean mom moment) I was hoping maybe he would forget about it...but he did not. Later when he talked to Jarel on the phone he told him "I got new 4 wheeler like you" and was so excited about it. When I talked to Jarel he told me "You know when I get home, we will have to put it together to make sure it works." I knew that the 4 wheeler wasn't going to last in the box until Christmas (and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted him to ride it now. What a bummer to have to wait until Christmas or even his birthday where he wouldn't get to ride it.) So with that being said, I thought I could get something out of the deal. I told Tyler that way he gets to ride it was to throw his pacifiers in the garbage. He thought about that long and hard and finally found his pacifier and threw it away. We went outside and started to put the 4 wheeler together and when Jarel got home from work, we had it all put together. The only problem...the battery had to charge for 18 hours. Not good for a 2 year old dying to ride his 4 wheeler.
We got out Kali's scooter and that worked for Tyler until the battery was charged.
So today, after Makena got home from school, it was time to try out his 4 wheeler. He hopped on and was off. A smile on his face and he was so super excited that he was driving it. He had no problem driving it and once he got the reverse down, he could get himself unstuck when he couldn't go forward.
What can I say, I caved...but for those blue eyes, and big excited smile...I couldn't say no to that. So Tyler got Christmas in August (don't worry, he will still get stuff for Christmas!)
When Jarel got home today...Tyler was waiting to race him home on his 4 wheeler. Tyler won and was so happy to show Dad his driving skills!
So Tyler got his 4 wheeler...and I got Tyler off of his pacifiers!!!
And not to worry...I'll be back to the store to get Hailey's dresser! I just couldn't fit both a dresser and 4 wheeler in the van at once...and let's face it, the 4 wheeler was more important at the time!
I had Kali, Tyler and Hailey with me and we were just strolling the aisles when Tyler said, "MOM! A 4 wheeler!" I turned, and sure enough there was a 4 wheeler on clearance. And it was "like dad's." I called up Jarel to see if we should get it for Tyler for Christmas and he said that we should.
So we loaded it up and off we went to check out. I've never seen Tyler so excited and his smile never left his face. We loaded it into the van and took it home.
When we got home, I took my other purchases inside and shut the garage. That didn't fly with Tyler. He said, "My 4 wheeler in van. Take my 4 wheeler outside." I told him that he had to wait to ride it. (mean mom moment) I was hoping maybe he would forget about it...but he did not. Later when he talked to Jarel on the phone he told him "I got new 4 wheeler like you" and was so excited about it. When I talked to Jarel he told me "You know when I get home, we will have to put it together to make sure it works." I knew that the 4 wheeler wasn't going to last in the box until Christmas (and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted him to ride it now. What a bummer to have to wait until Christmas or even his birthday where he wouldn't get to ride it.) So with that being said, I thought I could get something out of the deal. I told Tyler that way he gets to ride it was to throw his pacifiers in the garbage. He thought about that long and hard and finally found his pacifier and threw it away. We went outside and started to put the 4 wheeler together and when Jarel got home from work, we had it all put together. The only problem...the battery had to charge for 18 hours. Not good for a 2 year old dying to ride his 4 wheeler.
We got out Kali's scooter and that worked for Tyler until the battery was charged.
So today, after Makena got home from school, it was time to try out his 4 wheeler. He hopped on and was off. A smile on his face and he was so super excited that he was driving it. He had no problem driving it and once he got the reverse down, he could get himself unstuck when he couldn't go forward.
What can I say, I caved...but for those blue eyes, and big excited smile...I couldn't say no to that. So Tyler got Christmas in August (don't worry, he will still get stuff for Christmas!)
When Jarel got home today...Tyler was waiting to race him home on his 4 wheeler. Tyler won and was so happy to show Dad his driving skills!
So Tyler got his 4 wheeler...and I got Tyler off of his pacifiers!!!
And not to worry...I'll be back to the store to get Hailey's dresser! I just couldn't fit both a dresser and 4 wheeler in the van at once...and let's face it, the 4 wheeler was more important at the time!






No comments:
Post a Comment