Birthday's just aren't the same as when you are a kid. It can just be another day.
My sweet friend, Kristy, invited me to Thanksgiving point with her and her kids to the farm. It was nice to get out and do something on my birthday. We were there the whole morning (there was more to do there, than I remembered from the last time I was there). We got to see all the animals, ride the horses, go on a wagon ride, eat popcsicles (it was a very hot day) and just chat while the kids played. It was actually a lot of fun.
When I got home, the kids had all fallen asleep on the car ride home, so I put them to bed and got to relax for a little bit before going to pick up Makena from school.
Makena came home, we got her homework done and Makena and Kali were off to play with friends.
Now on my birthday, I refuse to cook dinner. So I was wondering if Jarel was going to tell me we were going out to eat. I hadn't heard from Jarel all day and when he got home about 5:45, he came in the house and handed me a gift and then said he was going to shower downstairs today. Now, Jarel doesn't have a great track record with gift giving...I opened the gift and inside was 3 packages of some of my favorite candy. I was thinking, "if this is all he is giving me, I will be so mad at him." Not that I wasn't appreciative of the gift, just the fact that in years past he has not given me anything, has forgotten about my birthday (and remembered on his way home from work, so he stops to get me flowers or something like that), and so I was just hoping he would actually remember and put a little bit of effort into it. After he went downstairs to shower, he came up and asked what we were having for dinner. I told him I was going to Red Robin and he could join me if he wanted. The whole time at dinner, I was still upset that all he would get me was candy for my birthday. I wanted a camera so bad, but knew we couldn't afford one, but he could have at least given me a card with money in it to save for my camera, right?
Dinner was an event, Hailey wasn't feeling good, Kali and Tyler were all over the place and didn't want to sit and eat and I wasn't in the best moods.
When we got home, the kids wanted to play outside with friends and so they stayed outside and Jarel, Hailey, Kali and I came inside and then we were going to go out. Jarel was holding Hailey and set her down, and she crawled by the front door. I heard her playing with something and then Kali said, "Mom, why does Hailey have a balloon and there is a present?" I went around and sure enough there were balloons all over and a present. I opened it up and there was my camera that I had wanted! (Jarel's parents went in on it, too) I had hopes he would get it for me, but by this time (being 8:00) I was loosing hope. I got teary eyed, because he put some thought into it. I don't need to have elaborate things or even "things" for my birthday, but just some thought just one day of the year. He just needed to give it to me before dinner, so I could have enjoyed dinner a little more! Jarel told me he had different plans on how he was going to give it to me, but when he was late getting home, it just happened to go like this. I was grateful and it was nice ending to my birthday. Love you! I had to charge the battery so I couldn't use the camera tonight, but tomorrow my kids might be sick of their picture being taken!
My sweet friend, Kristy, invited me to Thanksgiving point with her and her kids to the farm. It was nice to get out and do something on my birthday. We were there the whole morning (there was more to do there, than I remembered from the last time I was there). We got to see all the animals, ride the horses, go on a wagon ride, eat popcsicles (it was a very hot day) and just chat while the kids played. It was actually a lot of fun.
When I got home, the kids had all fallen asleep on the car ride home, so I put them to bed and got to relax for a little bit before going to pick up Makena from school.
Makena came home, we got her homework done and Makena and Kali were off to play with friends.
Now on my birthday, I refuse to cook dinner. So I was wondering if Jarel was going to tell me we were going out to eat. I hadn't heard from Jarel all day and when he got home about 5:45, he came in the house and handed me a gift and then said he was going to shower downstairs today. Now, Jarel doesn't have a great track record with gift giving...I opened the gift and inside was 3 packages of some of my favorite candy. I was thinking, "if this is all he is giving me, I will be so mad at him." Not that I wasn't appreciative of the gift, just the fact that in years past he has not given me anything, has forgotten about my birthday (and remembered on his way home from work, so he stops to get me flowers or something like that), and so I was just hoping he would actually remember and put a little bit of effort into it. After he went downstairs to shower, he came up and asked what we were having for dinner. I told him I was going to Red Robin and he could join me if he wanted. The whole time at dinner, I was still upset that all he would get me was candy for my birthday. I wanted a camera so bad, but knew we couldn't afford one, but he could have at least given me a card with money in it to save for my camera, right?
Dinner was an event, Hailey wasn't feeling good, Kali and Tyler were all over the place and didn't want to sit and eat and I wasn't in the best moods.
When we got home, the kids wanted to play outside with friends and so they stayed outside and Jarel, Hailey, Kali and I came inside and then we were going to go out. Jarel was holding Hailey and set her down, and she crawled by the front door. I heard her playing with something and then Kali said, "Mom, why does Hailey have a balloon and there is a present?" I went around and sure enough there were balloons all over and a present. I opened it up and there was my camera that I had wanted! (Jarel's parents went in on it, too) I had hopes he would get it for me, but by this time (being 8:00) I was loosing hope. I got teary eyed, because he put some thought into it. I don't need to have elaborate things or even "things" for my birthday, but just some thought just one day of the year. He just needed to give it to me before dinner, so I could have enjoyed dinner a little more! Jarel told me he had different plans on how he was going to give it to me, but when he was late getting home, it just happened to go like this. I was grateful and it was nice ending to my birthday. Love you! I had to charge the battery so I couldn't use the camera tonight, but tomorrow my kids might be sick of their picture being taken!






No comments:
Post a Comment