Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Job

I got a new job!!!
I'm really excited about this job. 
When I was at the hospital having Braxton, the day after, my friend who is a lactation nurse came into my room, doing her rounds. I asked how she was and if she was just doing that job or another. She said that she was a insulin nurse at a local elementary school. I was curious and asked about it...and it got me thinking, this could be a great job for me. I got right on it and called the head nurse and she told me to call another lady and get things set up. It is through Jordan School District. Within 2 weeks of having Braxton...I had the job. I told the head nurse I wanted a couple more weeks off before starting and she said that was fine. This job entails going to an elementary school and helping a diabetic child take blood sugars and give insulin to them. I can bring my kids with me and the hours are during the day, around lunch time, and it doesn't take long at all. And when school is out, I don't have to work!! So no weekends or holidays!! My friend that does it says she has 4 kids and she is at the school for about 1 hour. Right now I am on a sub list, in hopes of getting a more permanent position come August when school starts again. But I was able to go sub today (I only had 1 diabetic kid) and so me and the kids were there for about 20 minutes and then went home. It was awesome. I told Jarel I could get used to this job. I really am done with my hospital job. I'm sick of working weekends and holidays and nights when Jarel is at home. And work is just throwing all this crap at me of stuff I need to turn in, get done, and changes within the company.  I'm ready to quit, but I need to stay on until I get a more stable position with this new job, just so I know I have income coming in. So all in all...this job is wonderful and I hope come August, my hospital job will be out the door!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment