Mr. Tyler
We had a scare last Friday, in the middle of the night. The kids had been playing with skates and rollerblades after dinner Thursday night. After baths and reading, the kids got in bed. A normal bedtime routine. Hailey and Braxton woke up in the middle of the night, nothing new to me. Tyler woke up as well and I put him in my room on the floor. But at 3:45 in the morning, I heard our back door shut and the lock turn. I sat straight up in bed. I then heard feet across the kitchen floor and the door to our garage open. I was scared and woke Jarel up. It took about 3 times of me saying "I just heard the back door open and foot steps in the kitchen. Someone is in our house" to get Jarel fully awake. He got out of bed and walked out to see what was going on. I got out and followed up and Jarel made some sort of "HEY" noise when we went around the corner to the garage door and there was Tyler! Tyler started crying and when I asked what he was doing, he told me he was putting his skates away. Bless his heart, he must have woke up and realized his skates were still outside by the shed and went out and got them (I didn't hear him go out the door, just coming back in) and was trying to put them away. Relief came over me and grateful that was all it was. I held Tyler and rocked him for a few minutes and he was back to sleep (so, how awake he was I do not really know). Jarel told me while I was rocking Tyler "I think I will go put my heart attack back to sleep!" Needless to say, it was a scary moment but very glad it turned out the way it did.






No comments:
Post a Comment