I need to post this before I forget, and will add pictures later.
Hailey has found a forever friend in Marc. She talks about him quite often at home.
We were headed to church and I told Hailey that maybe Marc will be at church today. She was excited and was happy to walk/run to church. We get to church and she couldn't see Marc. I told her he might come later. She then went about setting up the hymn books on the chairs and then coming to sit by me and we waited for the meeting to start. We usually get there 15 minutes early and Marc arrives usually when the meeting is about to begin. So Hailey didn't see Marc come in. The sacrament comes and Hailey then realizes that Marc had come in. She got a big smile on her face. She had wanted to give Marc a hug. I took her out to go to the bathroom when the sacrament had finished, and when we got back in she asked if she could give Marc a hug. I let her go up to him, and at first she just stood there, Marc had his head in his hands and wasn't looking at her. But a lady behind Marc tapped him and told him he had a visitor. He looked up and then looked at Hailey and Marc got the biggest smile and said, "HI". He picked her up and they hugged for a good minute. It was such a sweet thing to witness. I had to hold back the tears. But I saw tears of the lady behind, tears in Marc's eyes and tears in Marc's sister's eyes. Hailey has really attached herself to Marc. After the hug, Marc just held her on his lap the rest of the meeting. They colored and talked. When the meeting was finished, I went and got her and told Marc I hope he didn't mind her coming to him. And he said, "not at all, I loved it." We left sacrament meeting and I took Hailey to primary. Hailey has a hard time going to class (she wants to go back to nursery), so I sat with her. Next thing I know, here comes Marc into the primary room and puts a candy necklace around Hailey's neck. Priceless. I don't know why Hailey has attached herself to Marc, but it is a blessing for me to witness.
Later yesterday, I messaged Marc just saying thanks for letting Hailey sit by him and how she had been waiting for him and how it made her day. His reply put me in tears: "I truly consider her my little angel. She is always welcome to come sit with me. I savored every minute of it. She brings me so much comfort I can't begin to explain. She just seems to know when I need a bit of comfort. I am so blessed to know her and to have your family in the ward. Thank u thank u!!! I'm not sure why she is so aware of me but am so very touched by it. It is my day she made!"
And then as we were driving last night to my parents for dinner Hailey, out of the blue, says "Mom, I go to my treasure box and get all my money and next day I give to Marc!" What a sweet spirit she is.
Today she drew a picture for Marc. She drew our family and drew 8 people…Marc was included in that drawing. She told me that she wants to see Marc and give it to him. And she is excited again for Sunday to see him. This little friendship has brought so much of the spirit to me. I love it. I tear up every time I think of it. Hailey indeed has a big heart and loves everyone!






No comments:
Post a Comment