Friday, April 15, 2011

Don't Break Her

Last night as we were putting the kids to bed, Kali came to me to give me a big hug and kiss before having Jarel tuck her into bed. This was our little conversation.
Kali: "Mom, I love you. Goodnight."
Mom: "I love you too. Sleep good."
Kali: "Have fun with your baby. But don't break her, because she is just a baby." (I was holding Hailey)
Mom: "I won't, Kali. Love you!"

Kali is a crack up. She says the funniest things to us. We went to Costco yesterday with Grandpa Hathaway and we met one of the workers at the hearing aide place and Kali had to tell him that she has a new baby and her name is Hailey. Hailey is going to be the "new baby" for the rest of her life. Kali tells everyone that she has a new baby and it came out of mom's belly when I was at the hospital and that the doctor helped get the baby out. And that her name is Hailey.

I was asking Kali the other day what she wanted for her birthday. She told me an umbrella and "remember that can with a purple lid. I want that." I asked her what it was and she told me, "Mom, I already told you. A can with a purple lid from the store." I had know idea what she was talking about, so I asked what was inside the can. And her reply, "the string that you spray at people." She wants that silly string, but with the purple lid. She is very easy to please!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your little Kali stories! She sounds so hilarious! I can't wait to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete